Call for Courses
Off-University invites proposals for a wide range of online-courses to be taught via the our platform during the summer term 2019 (April – October). The online-learning Off-University platform offers a virtual classroom including chat options, livestream, a virtual blackboard and a document management. The language of such a course may be Turkish, English or German. Courses may also be taught by a collective of lecturers who collaborate in the design of the content. Off-University will arrange funding and a host institution for selected course proposals. Selected courses will receive 1000 € per month as a honorarium for teaching.
Requirements for Applicants:
- Being politically persecuted and unemployed
- Ability to teach a self-organized undergraduate or graduate course in his/her field of research
- Holding (at least) a master’s degree.
Instructors are required to act in accordance with the Off-University Code of Conduct, which can be found here.
Course proposals are expected to reflect on the recent discourse on the field and promote the creativity and active participation of students. Knowledge in handling online courses and e-learning methods would be a reason for preference. Course proposals that include active participation and interactive online methods will also be preferred.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged and, given analogous qualifications, will be given priority. Applicants with a disability are preferred if qualifications are equal.
The application for an online teaching assignment should contain the following information:
1. Two-page course proposal with a short-description, aims and outcome of the course, a sample of a reading list, and course requirements.
2. Full-CV with detailed past teaching and research experience
3. Short statement of persecution or risk situation (max. 500 words).
4. A short video recording or an example of your work in online education enclosed in the submission will be appreciated, but is no requirement.
Submissions should be sent via e-mail until October 1st, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be notified by November 1st, 2018 about the preliminary outcome of your application.
Please do not hesitate to approach us with any questions or ask for further information.
Please write to email@example.com